Do you start off the week like a winner? Do you drift through Monday not really completing your goals but cruising the internet or social media platforms? Do you try to read something that is irrelevant to your goals? Do you read endless emails and Facebook feeds?
If you start off the week doing these less than productive things, you will probably not be as successful as you would be if you started the week of taking concrete actions to complete even one small writing goal.
So, today, try taking some concrete actions towards completing your writing goals.
Here are a few ways to do this.
1. Look over your list of goals for the week.
2. Choose one small goal that you can complete quickly. Try to complete that goal first. This can be your instant win for the week before the week even starts.
3. Once you complete that goal and check it off, move to another goal that you have on your list of goals for the week. Complete that goal, check it off, and move to the next one if you have time.
4. Decide what you should start tomorrow before you leave your desk for the day.
5. Take breaks every few hours so that you can be fresh and focused.
By taking these steps, you will be starting your week strong, and you will be completing your goals too.
Now that’s a win-win if you ask me.
So, look over your goals right now. How can you start your week off strong?